Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Tweeters"


 It wasn’t my idea to join twitter.  In fact I think I’ve tried to avoid it since its inception. I always used to think people who tweeted were “twats,” or “twits.“  It turns out they like to be called “tweeters.”  Go figure. Use whatever word you want to describe them, they are up to date on anything that might interest them.  As a tweeter, you choose people or organizations whose tweets you think might interest you.  A tweet is a max 140 character public post, that everyone of your "followers" can see.  Likewise, people can follow your tweets if they think what you’re tweeting is interesting, informative, or funny.   As a user you could choose to follow your favourite celebrities, news publications, or even your co-workers and keep up to date on all their latest tweets.  Twitter keeps people in touch and helps keep corporations in touch with their consumers.
However popular it has seemed to become in such a short period of time, some people haven’t jumped on the tweeting bandwagon.  My parents are part of the small group that don’t really know what Twitter is and definitely don’t know how to use it.  I told them I just sent my first tweet and they thought I had bought a bird.  Seriously.   But lets not doubt that Twitter can be useful, it seems like it’s everywhere today.  Heck, if I’m even tweeting, this thing has to be catching on.

1 comment: