Friday, December 10, 2010

The Night

The night is dark, the night is cold
The night is your friend when you’re alone
Right now I’m alone, the night is my guide
It walks beside me, never leaving my side
It won’t give me bullshit, won’t put me down
Won’t tear me open, throw my heart to the ground

It walks the lonely road, gives advice to travelers by
‘Cause everyone walks that path one time in their life
When you’re all alone and there’s no one to hold
The night wraps around you, gives you warmth through the cold
I’m walking down that road, trying to forget the scars
Running away from bad memories, but they’re never too far

The night makes me feel better
Cause it’s the only one that’s lonelier me
It’s never had a real friend, similar to me
It’s never had to remember the good times with the bad
It helps me appreciate the few good times I’ve had

The Night.



No comments:

Post a Comment